Fixing greyed out songs on iTunes Library
I use iTunes as my main media player and I’m user of iTunes Match since the service was available to Spanish users. It’s a service I really like but recently I’ve experienced an estrange issue: some songs appeared greyed out (even complete albums). I could download them and play them individually but when playing a playlist or album with greyed out songs, iTunes completely skipped them.
Today, thanks to iMore forums, I discovered how to fix this issue. You have to list all your songs, this can be done following these steps:
- Select Music tab on iTunes’ leftmost button bar.
- Choose either My Music or Playlists in the middle tab bar.
- Open Sort popup by clicking rightmost button in the bar you’ve been interacting with.
- Finally, in the dropdown, choose Songs.
You’ll notice that the first column with header has no clear title but a simple check icon. You can customise all the columns but this one, which is always displayed regardless your settings. Checked songs will be playable and unchecked ones won’t. I don’t know why some of my songs where checked and others unchecked neither what really means that a song is checked or not but checking all my songs fixed the issue so, finally, to fix the greyed out issue:
- Select all your songs.
- Control-click any of them.
- On the displayed menu click on Check selection.
One reply on “Fixing greyed out songs on iTunes Library”
¨That helped. Thanks !