Ulzurrun de Asanza i Sàez

Solving WordPress xmlrpc.php spam requests

NewRelic top 5 web transactions by timeI’ve been experiencing higher response times and lower throughput in my server last weeks. I use NewRelic to monitor server’s performance so I found out that queries to /xmlrpc.php were having a gigantic impact in site’s performance.

Googling about that issue I found this post by Hugo Dias about fixing the problem denying access in .htaccess file. However my server doesn’t use apache but nginx so I couldn’t apply that snippet directly. Fortunately porting the snippet to nginx is not so hard with StackOverflow’s help.

No replies on “Solving WordPress xmlrpc.php spam requests

There are no comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Required fields are marked *

Your avatar